REST

13 posts, 1 answered
  1. Roger Blanchard
    Roger Blanchard avatar
    402 posts
    29 Jun 2018
    12 Jun
    Link to this post
    We have a method in our BE that is called via REST. The following will work just fine and returns the dataset. 

@RestMethod (address="/ESLItem/~{UpcNum}/~{PackNum}/GetUpc", requestMethod="get", parameterClassName="Osprey.Pos.Item.ItemParameterWeb", response="dsItem:eItem").
    METHOD PUBLIC VOID GetUpc ( INPUT-OUTPUT DATASET dsItem, 
                                poItemParameter AS Osprey.Pos.Item.ItemParameterWeb  
                                ):

However,

If we use the response="dsItem:eItem" we get an empty response. 

@RestMethod (address="/ESLItem/~{UpcNum}/~{PackNum}/GetUpc", requestMethod="get", parameterClassName="Osprey.Pos.Item.ItemParameterWeb", response="dsItem:eItem").
    METHOD PUBLIC VOID GetUpc ( INPUT-OUTPUT DATASET dsItem, 
                                poItemParameter AS Osprey.Pos.Item.ItemParameterWeb  
                                ):

I even tried the "dsItem:no-envelope" and it also returns an empty response.

2. Peter Judge
    Peter Judge avatar
    13 posts
    11 Aug 2022
    12 Jun in reply to Roger Blanchard
    Link to this post
    HI Roger,

Just checking on the first example: I assume you mean response="dsItem" works (there's :eItem in the example).
  3. Roger Blanchard
    Roger Blanchard avatar
    402 posts
    29 Jun 2018
    12 Jun in reply to Peter Judge
    Link to this post
    Yes, sorry typo. 

response="dsItem" works and response="dsItem:eItem" does not work. It just returns an empty result with no errors logged in PASOE. 
  4. Roger Blanchard
    Roger Blanchard avatar
    402 posts
    29 Jun 2018
    12 Jun in reply to Peter Judge
    Link to this post
    If I use "dsItem:no-envelope" it also returns an empty result. 

If I use response="poItemParameter,dsItem:eItem" I will see the parameter object being returned. 
  5. Peter Judge
    Peter Judge avatar
    13 posts
    11 Aug 2022
    12 Jun in reply to Roger Blanchard
    Link to this post
    > If I use response="poItemParameter,dsItem:eItem" I will see the parameter object being returned.

In this case the :eItem is (should be) ignored and you should see a "parameter" and a "dsItem" property in the response.

What do you see in the Swagger document? Is the expected schema there - for the :eItem or :no-envelope endpoints?

Do the temp-tables have a different SERIALIZE-NAME value?

6. Roger Blanchard
    Roger Blanchard avatar
    402 posts
    29 Jun 2018
    13 Jun in reply to Peter Judge
    Link to this post
    >> In this case the :eItem is (should be) ignored and you should see a "parameter" and a "dsItem" property in the response.

Just the parameter object is returned. 

>> What do you see in the Swagger document? Is the expected schema there - for the :eItem or :no-envelope endpoints?

I will check that this morning. 

>> Do the temp-tables have a different SERIALIZE-NAME value?

I will confirm but this is a brand new BE I created this week by just dropping the table in the designer. I did not change the serialize-name. 

Thank you
  7. Roger Blanchard
    Roger Blanchard avatar
    402 posts
    29 Jun 2018
    Link to this post
    >> >> What do you see in the Swagger document? Is the expected schema there - for the :eItem or :no-envelope endpoints?

I see just the GET endpoint. Do we have to manually add a schema?

I have tried the following with the same result. 

@RestMethod (address="/ESLItem/~{UpcNum}/~{PackNum}/GetUpc", requestMethod="get", parameterClassName="Osprey.Pos.Item.ItemParameterWeb", response="dsItem:eItem", responseSchemaType="Osprey/Pos/EslItem/dsItem.xsd").
  8. Mike Fechner
    Mike Fechner avatar
    333 posts
    14 Sep 2016
    13 Jun in reply to Roger Blanchard
    Link to this post
    The responseSchemaType is meant for OO return values. Path refers to a path reference in the swagger file.

ProDataset schemas need to be provided using the ParameterSchema annotation:

https://consultingwerk.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SCL/pages/8094254/Support+for+RESTful+invocation+of+Business+Task+and+Business+Entity+Methods#Arguments-of-the-@ParameterSchema-annotation
  9. Roger Blanchard
    Roger Blanchard avatar
    402 posts
    29 Jun 2018
    13 Jun in reply to Mike Fechner
    Link to this post
    This is from the PASOE log file. 

2024-06-13T08:02:10.730-0400 036512 033536 1 AS-7 ?:?:? RestResour     ### Registering REST Methods: Osprey.Pos.EslItem.ESLItemBusinessEntity
    2024-06-13T08:02:10.731-0400 036512 033536 1 AS-7 ?:?:? RestResour     ### Number of Methods: 1
    2024-06-13T08:02:10.731-0400 036512 033536 1 AS-7 ?:?:? RestResour     ### Registering REST Method: get       : /ESLItem/{UpcNum}/{PackNum}/GetUpc       Osprey.Pos.EslItem.ESLItemBusinessEntity:GetUpc(Osprey.Pos.Item.ItemParameterWeb) -> dsItem:eItem
  10. Roger Blanchard
    Roger Blanchard avatar
    402 posts
    29 Jun 2018
    13 Jun in reply to Mike Fechner
    Link to this post
    Hello Mike,

I have reviewed that document and have tried using the @ParameterSchema but when I use the response="dsItem:eItem" I get a blank response. The response="dsItem" works as I would expect. 

@ParameterSchema (datasetname="dsItem", schemafile="/Osprey/Pos/EslItem/dsItem.xsd"). 

Not sure what we are doing wrong. I assume we can use the .xsd that was created by the BE designer. 
  11. Peter Judge
    Peter Judge avatar
    13 posts
    11 Aug 2022
    Link to this post

I assume we can use the .xsd that was created by the BE designer.

Yep, definitely.

I see just the GET endpoint. Do we have to manually add a schema?

Nope, the Swagger doc is built from the same annotations that the RestEntitiesWebHandler uses.

We have a test case that's just about identical to what you're describing, and that does what's expected (no, this is not the "works on my machine" defence :). I think it might make sense to open a support ticket and we can set up a meeting to investigate this.
  12. Roger Blanchard
    Roger Blanchard avatar
    402 posts
    29 Jun 2018
    Link to this post
    Thanks Peter.
  13. Peter Judge
    Peter Judge avatar
    13 posts
    11 Aug 2022
    Answered
    Link to this post
    As a note for anyone who runs into this kind of issue, the improvements that allow returning datasets without an envelope or just a single table, were released in the 2024-02-19 release (see the release notes for more detail).
13 posts, 1 answered